Our eyes are often the very first thing noticed by others. And so, it is only natural we would love to highlight our features with some colour and character!
While most of us like smoky eyes and a little pop of colour to accentuate the beauty of our eyes, there are a lot of things that could go wrong if they are not well taken care of.
Here are a few tips you can follow to keep your eyes in their best shape!
- Using non-alcoholic toners to remove make up
Most make-up lovers often have their own removal routines hardwired into them by practise and yet more often than not, they don’t use a toner. Now while toners are not an absolute necessity, they do have their own advantages.
Toners help remove the excess make-up clogging the pores and are great for preventing acne breakouts. While choosing what kind of toner to use, it is recommended to use a toner that is non-alcoholic. This is because alcohol dries out the skin which would be especially dangerous for the more sensitive and comparatively thinner skin around the eyes.
- Making sure to properly remove false eyelashes and cleaning the leftover glue
In the current times, false lashes have become a growing trend that almost everyone follows! Therefore, it also becomes important to make sure that they are used as well as removed safely.
There are 2 ways we can use to remove lash glue
- Make-up remover – Soaking a cotton ball with make-up remover and placing it above your lash line and allowing the solution to seep into your lashes will loosen the glue. You can then easily pull off the lashes and clean your lash line to remove the glue. Also make sure to wash your face with a facial cleanser to remove all traces of glue.
- Steam – Boil and pour 3 to 4 cups of hot water into a large glass bowl and drape a clean small towel over your head; your face should be covered at the sides. Place your face above the bowl but make sure that you keep a safe distance. The steam and moisture will slowly start loosening the eyelash glue and you can pull off the fake eyelashes from the outer corner and then use a makeup remover wipe or a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover liquid to gently remove any remaining glue on your eyelid. It is also important to wash your face with a facial cleanser and cool water to close your pores.
- Make sure to check the expiry dates of all your eye related make-up products
Very often, different types of beauty products have varying shelf lives, but it is very important that eye makeup be tossed after their expiry dates. Older or expired makeup products are more likely to cause infections and irritation when compared to newer makeup, so it is best to keep yours up-to-date.
- Moisturize your face
While this may seem like an overlooked method, it is also the extremely vital. Long hours of wearing make-up can dry out your skin and make you look exhausted. To avoid this, make sure to use generous amounts of moisturizer and gently massage it into your skin and the skin under your eyes. This is a great way to avoid dark circles and will keep your skin healthy!